Saturday

Amy Butlers Style Stitches - Key Keeper Coin Purse.

I bought this book from the UK Book Depository a few weeks ago - I think it cost me about $24.

Firstly, I think the byline goes something like "12 easy ways to 26 wonderful bags"......hmmmm, that is a stretch. I think it has 12 bags, you can extend a handle or make some of the bags a little smaller/bigger, but there are not 26 different bags to be made from this book.

That said, I like the book, I like the spiral bound look and the gorgeous fabrics and photography.

The bags are grouped according to level of skill needed to sew each bag, 3 are rated easy, 4 intermediate, 2 advanced and 3 experienced.

I went straight to bag number 7, the Key Keeper Coin Purse rated as intermediate, because I really wanted to make a little purse. I am not an experienced sewer by any stretch of the imagination but I have OK machines, I can follow clear instructions and can work things out a little on my own when needed. I did find the instructions a little confusing in places, not sure if that's my inexperience or the instructions.

So here is my finished product. I used Amy Butler fabrics, of course, and did not bother with the little tag on the side.


Purse Outer

Lining and Zip

I chose the fabrics because this was a zip I had, passed on to me from my Nan who has rescued it from something else, lol. I think a smaller zip would of been fine...better even, but overall I am happy with my efforts and looking foward to getting into sewing again.

xoxo
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment